Spirit Elite ARF
The Spirit Elite ARF (almost ready to fly) is a 2-meter, full-house, entry-level sailplane manufactured and distributed by Great Planes. For the money (around $120 at Tower Hobbies), it is a great ship to learn how to fly a full-house sailplane. I learned, so it must be a great plane! It is also very strong and with it's fiberglass fuselage, it might be a little heavier, but it can take a beating from a new pilot.
I bought mine never-flown and partially complete from another pilot. It has been a great plane, and I have learned quite a bit about soaring from it.
- Servos: 4 x Hitec HS-81 (rudder,elevator,ailerons), 2 x Hitec HS-81MG for flaps
- Receiver: Hitec Super-Slim 8 Channel
- Elevator Pushrod: 3' .070 carbon-fiber pushrod kit with teflon housing from CST Sales, part number T1070.
- Rudder Pull-pull system: hand-made with 12# SpiderWire fishing line
- Battery: 4cell 1500mah NiMH battery from Balsa Products
articles / review
- Ben’s implementation of George Voss' modifications photo gallery with step-by-step documentation