download the latest!
What is it?
Where do i get it?
Download it from me.
I also suggest getting the snowflake and explosion images from me as well. I suggest this HIGHLY, because I might give away software for free (as in speech), but I don’t give away bandwidth for free (as in beer). So, DO NOT LINK THOSE IMAGES FROM ME. Thanks.
Where can I see it?
Demo? You want a demo? Okay, here’s your demo!
How do I use it?
- download it.
- make a page and use some syntax like this:
- Configure the options in the script:
- no - number of snowflakes
- speed - the lesser the number, the faster the flakes fall!
- bStartImmediately - 1 will start snowing immediately, 0 will start on button click.
- imgSnowflake - URL to the image you’d like to use.
- imgExplode - URL to the "explode" image.
- bExplode - 1 makes flakes explode on click, 0 not.
Where’d it come from?
snow2.js is a modification of snow.js, which can be found at http://gobi.gmxhome.de/snow/. You can also download a copy of snow.js from me. It was written long ago, and the browser detection didn't work right anymore, So I fixed it up. And by "fixing it up", I mean I added pause, start/stop buttons, and when you click the snowflakes they explode. Happy? Yeah.
Why doesn’t it work in HotJava v0.1B or IE 3.0 or insert old browser here?
Because I hate old browsers. Firefox 1.5+ or IE6+ work great. Use them.
What do you want from ME??
nothing but that you A) don’t take my name off the code and B) you drop me a line if you use the stuff :)
If you are using this little toy, drop me a line! I’d love to hear from you.